Last month, over 200 cyclists attended the CNY Lo-Hei Ride in celebration of the Lunar New Year. With the aim of solidifying the bonds of various cycling groups in Singapore, the event brought the community closer by uniting passionate cyclists through a cohesion ride ending with fun games, lucky draws, and rewarding cyclists with prizes.
Amongst the lucky draw prizes was a Dura Ace WH-R9100 C40 Clincher Wheel worth S$2600. The grand prize was awarded to the lucky winner, Albert Tan from Riding Kakis.
Through this annual event, the committee hopes to be able to:
- Promote world cycling safety rules and regulations
- Further, educate motorists to respect cyclists as road users
- Promote patience & graciousness among road users
- Encourage young cyclists to represent Singapore at an international level.
This yearly initiative will also shed light on key environmental concerns such as efforts to reduce the carbon footprint for a better future; improve our health as individuals and as a nation and build a constructive ecosystem of social connectivity for the cycling community. So do remember to support next year’s ride!
Check out more of the highlights here:
Remember to join us next year for a jolly good time – who knows, you might just be the next lucky winner of the grand prize!
Follow us on Instagram: @sportsincycling
Latest posts by SportsIn Cycling (see all)
- OCBC Cycle 2019 Offers 6,800 Participants A Chance To Bond With Friends And Family At Annual Cycling Fiesta – May 12, 2019
- Philippines Wins By 0.03s Ahead Of Malaysia In Largest-Ever Field At OCBC Cycle Speedway Southeast Asia Championship 2019 – May 11, 2019
- #1 Body Position Mistake Most Mountain Bikers Make And How To Correct It – May 10, 2019