Dedicated race-cycling shoes are typically the first piece of equipment that identify a ‘cyclists’ from someone who rides a bike. Choosing a quality entry-level shoe is an essential step towards unlocking the performance potential of a rider.
That’s why Shimano has updated its competitive entry-level road, and cross-country kicks with both features and technologies adapted from their elite-level professional shoe lines.
Road Competition shoes
The most prominent thing about the new RC3 (RC300) and RC1 (RC100) models is that they share similar features with the SHIMANO S-PHYRE shoes worn by many Pro-Tour professionals.
Of course, emulating the look of a pro is one thing, but emulating the performance is something else altogether.
To help with that, the RC3 comes with:
- A micro-adjustable Boa L6 dial in the mid-outer section which enables riders to find the perfect fit even while riding
- A surround wrapping upper, seamless midsole construction and glass fibre reinforced nylon sole for comfort.
- A low-stack midsole providing extra stability and control when speeds increase
All these features take after Shimano’s premium models, meaning that with the RC3, you can expect only the best.
RC3: Stiffness: 6/12, weight: 243g. Colours available: Black, White, Red
The RC1, on the other hand, caters more towards comfort with:
- Triple Velcro straps for an adjustable fit
- A breathable mesh upper shell to keep your feet in place without too much pressure.
- An outsole similar to the RC3 models, which brings power output and comfortable walkability with its 6/12 rated stiffness sole
Overall, the RC1 offers a balance between day-to-day use, comfort, and value for money.
RC1: weight: 238g. Colours available: Black, Yellow, Navy
For more details on Shimano’s Road shoes see bike.shimano.com
Off-road Competition shoes:
The XC models also share features of the premium S-PHYRE MTB range, with both high-end looks and the capability to deliver in performance.
What To Expect From The XC3?
- A Boa L6 dial for micro-adjustability on the go
- SHIMANO’s Dynalast fitting to reduce fatigue over longer distances
- A low stack height, through the removal of the lasting board which stabilises the foot for better power transfer
- Toe and heel protection and sturdy lugs so the XC3 can shrug off dirt and mud.
The XC3 is available in Black and Navy colours. Stiffness: 5/12, weight: 332g.
The XC1 also recognises comfort and ease of use as essential features of shoes – hitting the nail on the head with:
- Three offset Velcro straps to reduce tension while spreading the tightening force across the upper foot
- An upper fashioned from perforated synthetic leather for exceptional breathability and fit
- Lightweight glass fibre reinforced, nylon sole with rubber XC outsole to promote a stable pedal engagement, secure walking grip and assured power transfer
The XC1 is available in Black and Red colours. RC1: Stiffness: 5/12, weight: 334g.
For more details see mtb.shimano.com
- Cycling Without Age Singapore & Dr William Wan Team Up To Raise Funds To Take Isolated Elderly on Trishaw Joyrides - October 19, 2022
- Team BikeExchange-Jayco confirms one-year contract extension for Singaporean rider Chelsie Tan - October 4, 2022
- OCBC CYCLE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (ROAD – INDIVIDUAL TIME TRIAL) - July 18, 2022