7 January 2020 – SportsIn Cycling was thrilled to be part of the launch event of OCBC Cycle 2020 at Singapore Sports Hub’s OCBC Square today by OCBC Bank’s Group CEO, Mr Samuel Tsien, Deputy CEO of Sport Singapore, Dr Chiang Hock Woon, The Straits Times Sports Editor, Ms Lee Yulin, and representatives of the event’s sponsors and partners.
The first three registrants each walked away with a gift pack ranging from $1,169 to $1,498. “It was a good time of bonding as my friends and I queued overnight for the attractive prizes. I got acquainted with one of them in the queue at last year’s OCBC Cycle launch.” said Joseph Wong, 17, who walked away with a Garmin Performance GPS cycling computer and an Aleoca mountain bicycle worth $1,498 in total.
OCBC Cycle launches new all-women cycling race
Singapore’s largest mass cycling event, the OCBC Cycle unveiled an all-women race category for this year’s edition on May 9-10 at Singapore Sports Hub.
OCBC Bank’s group CEO Samuel Tsien said the rise in interest in cycling among women encouraged organisers to introduce the category.
“The key to our event’s success has always been a result of support not only from the cycling community, but also from the local authorities, our partners, our sponsors and the general public.”
Highlights announced for this year’s event
- OCBC Cycle 2020 launches brand-new all-women race category – the OCBC Cycle Speedway Women’s Championship
- OCBC Cycle partners Garmin to launch the inaugural Garmin e-Challenge for virtual cycling enthusiasts
- Six new Friends of OCBC Cycle including sporting and technology brands are DJI, Garmin, Herschel, Lazer, SG Bike, Tourism and Events Queensland
- OCBC Cycle partners SG Bike to offer bike rentals to 200 participants
- OCBC Cycle continues to plant trees to fight climate change
- Participants can now opt not to receive apparel in their event packs.
How to register for OCBC Cycle 2020
Online registration for OCBC Cycle 2020 starts on 8 January.
Participants who sign up for any OCBC Cycle ride category during the early bird period (till 23 February), will qualify for the Tourism and Events Queensland early bird lucky draw.
For more information on OCBC Cycle 2020, please visit www.ocbccycle.com
Latest posts by Wan Fadhillah (see all)
- OCBC Cycle 2020 Launch Event – OCBC Cycle launches new all-women cycling race – January 9, 2020
- COPY Lucky CNY Bike Colours for 2019 – January 30, 2019
- OCBC Cycle 2019 Launch – January 11, 2019