As part of HCA Hospice Care’s 30th Anniversary celebrations, HCA Hospice Care is organising The Dandelion Ride 2019, a 30km ride to raise $300,000 to provide care and comfort for patients with life-limiting illnesses.
Most of our patients have limited life expectancy and are with them for an average of three months. With love and care from HCA Hospice Care, patients are able to spend their last days with dignity at home, in the presence of their loved ones.
The Dandelion Ride 2019
The aim of The Dandelion Ride (TDR) is to raise funds for HCA Hospice Care and to spread awareness about hospice and palliative care in Singapore.
Registration is FREE! Riders to garner donations through their networks to raise $530 and qualify for the ride.
“It takes us nine months to prepare to welcome a new birth. I believe that passing on is a life event that ought to be prepared and to be celebrated as well.” -Adeline Tan, Dandelion rider
“When HCA Hospice Care sent their doctors and nurses to my dad, they provided the necessary medical care to ease the pain, psychological and social support for my dad and my family members.” -Lester Neo, Dandelion rider
About Hospice Care (HCA)
HCA Hospice Care is Singapore’s largest home hospice care provider and is a registered charity since 1989. The organisation provides comfort and support to patients with life-limiting illnesses regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, nationality and financial status. Their services are provided at no charge to about 3,500 patients annually.
Click here if you would like to make a donation to HCA.
Your generous donations will go to meeting the needs of our beneficiaries and their families, and towards building up our capacity and capability.
- $120 can help pay for one patient attending our day hospice
- $300 can help pay for one home visit
- $3,000 can cover home care visits for one patient for one year
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at The Dandelion Ride 2019!
- SCF launches Women’s Cycling Academy to Develop Female Riding Talent in Singapore - March 25, 2022
- SCF & Specialized Dynasty Mavericks Sign 3-Year Partnership To Support Young Talents - February 6, 2022
- #ZeroToHero MTB Project With Specialized: Joining Our First Race And What We Have Learnt In This Journey - July 15, 2019