Whether you’re looking for a race shoe or something a little more well-rounded, Shimano’s ME7 and ME5 have got you covered.
The ME7 is Shimano’s elite racing shoe so, as you can expect, it comes backed by substantial feedback and studies gathered from athletes in 2019’s Enduro World Series rounds. The ME5 adopts and translates that same racing technology into a shoe that’s at home under the foot of competitive and demanding riders looking for a different mix of pedalling stiffness, grip and comfort.
What To Expect From The ME7?
- A NEW MICHELIN® high-performance, dual-density rubber outsole to offer superior traction with unmatched durability, stability, and slip resistance
- A NEW low-profile, reverse mount buckle tucked away from obstacles to hold the foot securely
- Lightweight pedalling efficiency plus the durability, grip, and armour that aggressive trail riders need
- Perforated synthetic leather upper optimises comfort, fit and breathability
- Neoprene stretchable ankle collar offering additional protection from trail debris
- Speed lacing system securely fitting a wide range of foot shapes
- A sealed cleat area to keep water out
- Torsional “TORBAL” midsole to allow for natural rider ‘flow’ during downhill descents
- Volume+ last with extra toe-box volume to accommodate comfort in a broader range of foot shapes without affecting shoe length to enable an ultra-wide range of foot sizes in sizes 38-50.
- Weight: 400g (size 42), Stiffness: 8/12,
- Available From October 2020 onwards.
What To Expect From The ME5?
- NEW single Boa® L6 dial for quick and precise micro-adjustment plus closure cap to prevent accidental release during collisions
- Dedicated trail performance shoe combining excellent stiffness for pedalling with off-the-bike traction.
- Reinforced armour provides excellent protection and exceptional durability
- Proprietary Shimano grippy rubber compound outsole offering superior traction in wet conditions
- Torsional “TORBAL” midsole to allow for natural rider ‘flow’ motion during downhill descents.
- Weight: 362g (size 42), Stiffness: 6/12.
- Availability: From October 2020 onwards.
Latest posts by Wan Fadhillah (see all)
- OCBC Cycle 2021 to Bring Back the Thrill of Road Racing After Two-Year Hiatus Due to COVID-19 – March 27, 2021
- Shimano RC & XC Range: Shoes That Say ‘Welcome To Cycling’ – August 7, 2020
- Shimano ME7 & ME5 Shoes Get A Revamp – August 7, 2020